Power BI is a data visualizing tool that suitably arranges the data to organize a large amount of data effectively. This service is provided by Microsoft and plays a crucial role in business analytics. The data is cumulatively organized together from different sources to generate productive dashboards and BI reports. Moreover Power BI is more than just a data visualization tool providing many other different services like- Power BI Desktop, Power BI service based on Saas and mobile Power BI applications are available which are platform friendly software. The software is mainly used at the business level to observe data and generate BI reports.
The desktop application of Power BI allows users to construct BI reports easily while the SaaS (Software as a Service) of Power BI helps to generate the report. These generated reports and dashboards can be viewed on a go through the Power BI mobile application.
The main objective of this tutorial is to engage beginners who are keenly interested to learn basic concepts of Power BI which will help the user to handle and beneficially understand different implementations led by the Power BI tool. Further, you will be able to push your esteem to take yourself to an expert stage.
Installation of Power BI:
The installation process of Power BI is simple and the proceedings are easy to understand by the user. For additional details regarding the software can be accessed by navigating to the ‘Advanced download option’. As a concerned tool Power BI is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit format for your personal computers and laptops. This makes it an OS (Operating System) friendly tool as well. Further, Power BI is available in different languages to accommodate and solve data viewing problems of people using different languages.
Supported Operating Systems:
The Power BI is available for download in the following operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
Internet Explorer 9 or higher is mandatory for Microsoft Power BI Desktop. Once Power BI is installed, a welcome screen appears which is used to launch multiple options related to get the data from the user. This data is enriched by the existing data models to construct and publish the BI reports. These reports are shareable and can be viewed in the mobile application of Power BI.
The ecosystem of Power BI comprises of many key components. Some of the Key Components are:
- Power BI Desktop: This is a desktop-based application for computers and laptops through which users can design and publish BI reports.
- Power BI Services: This is an online service formerly known as Power BI for Office 365 or simply Power BI.
- Power BI Mobile Apps: This is a mobile-based application for Androids and iOS devices.
- Power BI Gateway: The gateway is used to sync data from inside or outside of Power BI.
- Power BI Embedded: This is used to build dashboards and reports for users who use the powerful Power BI tool for visualization of data.
- Power BI Report Server: Many companies cannot store their data in cloud-based Power BI services. To resolve this problem an on-premises Power BI reporting solution server is provided.
- Power BI Visuals Marketplace: This is a visual marketplace that holds custom visuals as well as R-powered visuals.
Try answering these Tableau multiple-choice questions quiz and exams to test your skills in the Tableau.
- Tableau Desktop Specialist Practice Questions for Global Certification (Practice quiz)
- Tableau Desktop Specialist (Practice Exams)
If you have any questions, please shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org